Ampicillin is an antibiotic used for treatment of pneumonia and other infectious diseases of respiratory, urogenital, gastrointestinal systems.
500 mg Ampicillin
|Package||Per Pill||Per Pack||Savings||Order|
|250mg × 90 pills||0.29$||26.10$||0.00$|
|250mg × 120 pills||0.27$||32.40$||2.40$|
|250mg × 180 pills||0.25$||45.00$||7.20$|
|250mg × 270 pills||0.24$||64.80$||13.50$|
|250mg × 360 pills||0.23$||82.80$||21.60$|
Ampicillin belongs to aminopenicillin group. It is a broad-spectrum antibiotic. The medicine can be prescribed for treatment of pneumonia and other infectious diseases of respiratory, urogenital, gastrointestinal systems. It has antibacterial effect inhibiting construction of bacterial cell walls. Ampicillin is easily absorbed, it isn't destroyed in the stomach. The medicine can fight against salmonella, schigella, proteus, E. coli, Klebsiella pneumoniae, Haemophilus influenzae, formerly called Pfeiffer's bacillus.
It is recommended to take the medicine as it was prescribed by your doctor. Take it with a big glass of water, half an hour before or 2 hours after meal.
Before starting your treatment with Ampicillin tell your doctor if you have allergy to penicillin or cephalosporin antibiotics, diarrhea. The medicine can show false positive results of some urine tests.
Patients with hypersensitivity to Ampicillin and liver failure, asthma, hay fever should be careful using the medicine.
Possible side effect
Side effect can be the following: diarrhea, fever, itching, nausea, rash, colitis, sore tongue or mouth, vomiting.
Ampicillin can interact with oral contraceptives and medications for blood clotting.
Take the missed dose as soon as possible and if you take it twice a day, take the next dose 5-6 hours later. If you take the drug thrice a day, take the missed dose as soon as you remember and do the next one in 2-4 hours. Never exceed your dose.
If you think you have overdosed the medicine seek emergency medical help immediately. The overdose symptoms are allergic reactions such as hives, rush.
Store the medicine at room temperature between 59 and 86 degrees F (15-30 degrees C) away from light and moisture.
The information presented at the site has a general character. Note please this information cannot be used for self-treatment and self diagnosis. You should consult with your doctor or health care adviser regarding any specific instructions of your condition. The information is reliable, but we concede it could contain mistakes. We are not responsible for any direct, indirect, special or other damage caused by use of this information on the site and also for consequences of self-treatment.